When a certificate is received from another entity, the following process is followed to validate the certificate:
- Verify the certificate signature.
- Verify the certificate chain has not expired.
- Verify the certificate chain has not been revoked.
The VPN will also validate the use of the certificate in a given situation, such as confirming the :
- Certificate is authorized to perform the required action.
- Correct certificate is used in the negotiation.
Two methods are used to determine the status of a certificate: CRL and Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP).
for more information about security certificates, and to be well prepared for your CISA exam – sign up for the CISA exam preparation course:
**For Instant Access, follow these simple steps
1. Go here
2. choose your username and password and create your account
3. confirm your registration, log in and receive your enrollment key to your exam preps instantly upon confirmation of your paypal transaction **