The responses from an IDS include:
- Dropping suspicious data packets at the firewall.
- Denying access because of suspicious activity.
- Reporting activity to other hosts.
- Updating the configurations within the IDS.
Alarms are the primary capability of an IDS. There are three fundamental components to alarms:
- Control and communication
The sensor detects the event and produces the necessary notification.
The mechanism of distribution is the control and communication of the alarm which determines if the alert is sent through e-mail, pager, instant message, or the like.
for more information about Intrusion Detection, and to be well prepared for your CISA exam – sign up for the CISA exam preparation course:
**For Instant Access, follow these simple steps
1. Go here
2. choose your username and password and create your account
3. confirm your registration, log in and receive your enrollment key to your exam preps instantly upon confirmation of your paypal transaction **